Tomorrow is Palm Sunday. The beginning of Holy Week. Can you go home from church on Easter Sunday without being exhausted? Well, perhaps not. But here are ten ideas to give yourself a break every day this week:
- Spend five minutes in meditative prayer.
- Sit down with a cup of coffee (or tea, if you prefer) and something non-electronic (to give your eyes a rest) to read, preferably funny.
- Lie down on the floor for five minutes. Trust me – gravity will do you some good.
- Break out the Easter candy early and spend five minutes SLOWLY eating some while doing nothing else.
- Find a daily lectionary and read the Scripture for the day.
- Watch a 3-5-minute video on YouTube that makes you laugh.
- Sing your favorite passion hymn to yourself.
- Walk around the block, weather permitting.
- If you’ve got any children’s books laying around the house, read one without any kids listening.
- Write for five minutes about what the resurrection means to you (without any intention of using it in your sermon).
What ideas do you have to sustain yourself during Holy Week?