Here are seven tips to enjoy these last weeks before the fall ministry deluge.
- Take your vacation.
- If you’ve had your vacation, do something small but vacation-like every week (or every day!).
- Do something every week to plan for 2013-2014. If you’ve made your plans, do something you’ll enjoy to move them forward.
- Read a ministry or spirituality book that has been sitting on your shelf forever that you’ve always wanted to read.
- Get together with your favorite person in the congregation. See if you can learn something about them you didn’t already know.
- Have lunch or coffee with your favorite colleague. Ask them Vern Sanders’ great question, “What do you know that I should know?”
- Ask yourself, “What do I want for my ministry this year?” Think of as many options that make you smile as you can. Write them down.
What are you doing to enjoy yourself this month?