Let’s face it. This is a busy week. Yet it can be less stressful, if we think about the week and the many services a bit differently. Here are seven ideas:
- Give thanks for everyone involved in making the services happen. Thank God, and thank them.
- Let go of perfection. You might as well, since neither you nor anyone else will be perfect.
- Stay in the moment during each service, as much as you can.
- If you are the preacher, ask this question from Anna Carter Florence, “What do I want to say to these people whom I love?” (See her great book, Preaching as Testimony.)
- Breathe deeply before each service and before each time you get up in each service.
- Intend to enjoy yourself. Services on days like Good Friday are somber but can still be enjoyable in the sense of deeply satisfying.
- Finally, on Easter Sunday, truly celebrate the resurrection, for yourself.