Do you know why you give to your church? Here are seven good reasons.
- Jesus let go of everything. (See Philippians 2.)
- Giving is a way to let go of your money. Letting go is the great spiritual task, and money may be the hardest thing to let go of.
- You are rich, considered globally and historically. Check out http://www.givingwhatwecan.org/why-give/how-rich-am-i if you want to get an idea where you stand globally.
- Money, given well, creates capacity. (Thanks to Charlie Collier for this one.) It’s needed for ministry.
- You believe in your church’s vision. You give because you want to see the vision become reality.
- Giving is a response to all God has given you and to all of us in the wonder of creation.
- It’s a spiritual discipline to give regularly. Giving is the best kind of habit.
Thanks to Marty Thurber for asking if I had this list and prompting me to write it.
Why do you give?